France, Spain, Italy and Greece Trip Journal: 2007Pre-Flight
- Jutan est dans le Paris!!
- Day 2 in Paris, lots of photos
- Going to see some Monet Waterlillies!!
- L'Orangerie Monet art gallery, Eiffel Tower, Lunch
- Champs-Élysées shopping, Grand Palais, Petit Palais
- Walking tour of Paris, friends from Waterloo
- Museum of Modern Art, Jewish Art and History, and Gallerie Lafyette
- Nighttime Wine at the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame
- Notre-Dame, New friends
- Louvre = aweeessooome
- Up the Eiffel Tower
- Monet's house and garden in Giverny, France
- Back online!! Videos and stuff!!
- Last day in Paris: Lumiere Brothers, the start of cinema!
- Bayeux tapestry, D-Day beaches, and Canada's part in WWII
- Video Blog Post, Attempt Number 2!
- First day in Bordeaux
- Laundry, Clouds, and Francais Indian Food
- Bordeaux Wineries, Saint-Émilion
- Raining in Biarritz
A mere 5 days after my last final exam at Waterloo, I was on a plane to Paris.
Of the entire 3 month trip, I spent about 3 weeks traveling with my buddy Andrew Lam from high school, a few days with my best buddy Matthew Lausch from childhood, and a few days with my parents. The rest of the trip I was traveling solo, but in the company of the many amazing fellow backpackers that I met along the way.
These 95 journal entries were all posted during my Europe trip. Some nights I spent several hours in internet cafes, pounding away on foreign keyboards, ferociously processing photos and videos from the day, and expressing my excitement and thoughts.
For all trips since Europe '07, I now take point-form notes and do all my journal posting after the trip is complete.
My favourite 3 cities of the trip were, without a doubt: Paris, Cinque Terre, and Santorini.
Andrew and I chased down actor Jeremy Piven at the Cannes Film Festival and managed to snag a photo with him. We're in full-backpacker mode, carrying our lunch, a baguette under-arm, and wearing huge travel backpacks.