Japan and South Korea Trip Journal: 2009Japan
- Day 2: Arriving in Tokyo
- Asakusa at night
- Day 3: Shibuya, Harajuku, Cosplay, Rockabilly, Shinjuku, Ginza
- Day 3: Videos
- Day 4: Miyazaki Museum, Akihabara, Shibuya at night
- Day 4: Videos
- Day 5: Ginza, Partying in Shinjuku
- Day 5: Videos
- Day 6: Videos
- Day 6: Hakone: Bathing in Coffee, Green Tea, and Sake
- Day 7: Videos
- Day 7: Siggraph Asia 2009: Day 1
- Day 8: Video of outdoor onsen (AMAZING!)
- Day 8: Siggraph Day 2, and up to snowy Nozawa Onsen for my first outdoor Onsen experience!
- Day 9: Nozawa Onsen skiing and crazy karaoke
- Cute little town of Nozawa Onsen
- Day 9: Videos
- Day 10: Videos
- Day 10: Totally out of my element in Morioka
- Day 11: Videos
- Day 11: Train journey to Hiroshima
- Day 12: Videos: Monkeys!!!
- Day 12: Miyajima and Hiroshima
- Day 13: Videos
- Day 13: Fukuoka/Hakata to Kyoto
- Day 14: Kyoto Day 1
- Day 14: Videos
- Day 15: Kyoto Day 2: Arashiyama Monkey Park, Bamboo Groves, Kinkakuji
- Day 15: Videos
- Day 16: Himeji Castle and Kobe
- Day 16: Videos
- Day 17: Osaka and Capsule Hotel
- Day 17: Videos
On the Japananse high-speed Shinkansen train, I rode at 250 km/h and travelled from the north-east to south-west of Honshū in 8 hours.
"Jutan" means "carpet" in Japan. I had a hilarious conversation about this with a Japanese-English translator at the Siggraph ASIA Computer Graphics Conference.
In South Korea, I stayed overnight at the Hwagaesa Buddhist Temple. I took the lantern photograph (above) at a very early morning hour before a 2.5 hr meditation!